Factory building erected in 1873
dismantled in 2000
In 1788, Johann Gottfried Lieske started producing high grade damasks for the english, russian and saxon court.
In 1827, Carl Gotthelf Häbler joins the company.
In 1856, the company weaves terrys as one of the first in town.
1862: Name change to „Lieske & Häbler“
1910: Purchase of the company buildings „Härtig senior“ (niedere Mühlwiese 12)/(12 lower mill meadow)
1932: Takeover by the Pötschke Family
from 1937 on: Production for specifically military purposes
since 1975 part of VEB Frottana.